Tophane Vocational and Technical Anatolian High School
Our school was founded as a reformatory on March 29, 1868 by İzzet Pasha who was then governor of Bursa to protect poor and abandoned children and teach them a profession. Our school offered education in carpentry, tailoring and shoe making when it was first founded.
The school met the needs of the army during the reign of the Ottoman Empire and War of Independence, both its teachers and students joined the war. Our school had to interrupt its educational activities during the war and occupation for short periods of time, however it continued to provide education in various fields after the proclamation of the Republic. In 2014, the school was renamed as “Tophane Vocational and Technical Anatolian High School”.
Since its inception, tens of thousands of students have graduated from our school which significantly contributed to the establishment and further development of industrial sectors in Bursa and Turkey with the students that it trained. Our school has also achieved a lot of success at the national and international level and brought in many novelties. It takes confident steps towards future to further contribute to the country’s development efforts with the strength that it takes from its past.
Address and Contact Information of the School:
Bu web sitesi Avrupa Birliği ve Türkiye Cumhuriyeti’nin mali katkısıyla hazırlanmıştır. Bu web sitesinin içeriğinden yalnızca GFA Consulting Group liderliğindeki konsorsiyum sorumludur ve bu içerik hiçbir şekilde Avrupa Birliği veya Türkiye Cumhuriyeti’nin görüş ve tutumunu yansıtmak zorunda değildir.