Gazi Vocational and Technical Anatolian High School
This school started to operate first in 1962 as a Carpenter’s and Art Institute and then took the lead in Turkey as it pioneered fabricated furniture manufacturing in the country. A metal workshop became operational in 1970, after which our school’s name was changed into Wood and Metal Works and Art Institute. Then its name was changed and became Advanced Technical Institute on Wood Works which was later changed again in the academic year of 1975-76 as Advanced Teacher’s Training and Art High School for Boys. The activities of the school were then transferred to the Technical Education Faculty as per a decision by Council of Higher Education in 1982. Mechanical Vocational High School under the Technical Education Faculty was incoporated into the structure of our school after which our school’s name was changed into Bahçelievler Industry and Vocational High School. Our school was given various names over time and it was last named as Gazi Vocational and Technical Anatolian High School.
We signed a protocol to cooperate in the field of vocational education with MoNE, TOBB and TOBB ETU on February 26, 2019. After signing this protocol, we became the first Vocational and Technical Anatolian High School covered by a protocol in Ankara. Gazi VTHS has a surface area of 100 decars and it is the largest state school in Ankara with 34 buildings 29 of which are workshops and 13 of which are laboratories. It has 141 staff members and 1523 students. It has signed 9 protocols to cooperate in the field of vocational education and 35 students have been awarded a scholarship.
Address and Contact Information of the School:
Bu web sitesi Avrupa Birliği ve Türkiye Cumhuriyeti’nin mali katkısıyla hazırlanmıştır. Bu web sitesinin içeriğinden yalnızca GFA Consulting Group liderliğindeki konsorsiyum sorumludur ve bu içerik hiçbir şekilde Avrupa Birliği veya Türkiye Cumhuriyeti’nin görüş ve tutumunu yansıtmak zorunda değildir.